- Texas is the second largest US state after Alaska, spanning across 269,000 square miles
- The population of Texas is about 29 million residents
- Summers temperatures average in the mid to upper 90s, while winters average around the mid-60s
- Texas is home to 3 of the top 10 largest cities in the US – Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas
- Texas is known as the “Live Music Capital of the World” with more live concerts per capita than any other US city
When it comes to moving to Texas, prices are going to vary depending on your location, the size of your move, and the extent of services that you need. At Red Rover, here are some starting points we have for long distance moves.
Moving from Florida to Texas: Starts at $1623
Moving from Boston, MA to Texas: Starts at $1791
Moving from New York to Texas: Starts at $1837
Moving from Charlotte, NC to Texas: Starts at $1553
Get an accurate price for your and check availability by using the Get a Quote feature. This will allow you to see more specific information related to your moving needs from your destination.
Red Rover Locations in Texas
Waco Storage Center
700 Schroeder Dr. Unit B
Waco, TX 76710
Red Rover® is your ultimate solution for moving and storage, and our Waco, TX location acts as a central hub for customers moving here. Combine the ease of renting a moving truck with the convenience of having your belongings delivered right to your door by using our long-distance services. See How it Works to learn how we can save you time and money, and check out our portable storage containers which come in multiple sizes and configurations. If you’re ready to get moving, use our Get a Quote feature today!
10 Helpful Resources When Moving to Texas
If you are planning to move to Texas, you may have some questions about what to expect when you arrive. We’ve compiled a list of 10 helpful resources to ensure that your move goes smoothly and according to plan.
The Texas Department of Public Safety issues driver licenses that are valid for up to eight years and identification (ID) cards that are valid for up to six years to Texas residents.
New Texas residents can legally drive with a valid, unexpired driver license from another U.S. state for up to 90 days after moving to Texas. Before the end of the 90 grace period, a new Texas resident must apply for a Texas license in person at any driver license office. You can find more information on the New Texas Residents page.
Based on ranking factors such as state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, public school district ratings, these are the top 5 school districts in Texas.
- Eanes Independent School District – Austin, TX
- Carroll Independent School District – Southlake, TX
- South Texas Independent School District – Mercedes, TX
- Highland Park Independent School District – Dallas, TX
- Lovejoy Independent School District – Allen, TX
Grocery Stores and Pharmacies
Texas grocery stores and pharmacies provide residents with several grocery, pharmacy, and convenience-related services. Below you will find the best places in Texas for all of your needs.
You will need to notify the post office of your address change and have your mail forwarded to your new location in Texas. You can either go to USPS.com/move and change your address online or visit your local post office and request the Mover’s Guide packet.
Real Estate and Apartment Resources
The average home price in Texas is $190,000 and the average rent price is about $1,500. If you’re looking to buy a home or rent an apartment, here’s a list of the best real estate agencies in Texas.
Are you looking for a home improvement or service professional in Texas? Find the best options in your area here.
Texas has plenty of great options for health/fitness clubs and gyms for residents to take advantage of. These are the top choices across the area.
For the easiest and most convenient access, affordable account minimums and fees and the best interest rates, here are some of the best banks in Texas.
Popular Activities and Attractions in Area
Popular Restaurants in the Area
The great state of Texas is a melting pot of culinary comforts, from tex-mex to BBQ. These are the top 10 must-try restaurants in Texas, according to Yelp’s “Top 100 Places to Eat in Texas 2021”.
- Comfort Cafe – San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- The Gypsy Poet – Houston, TX
- Kat’s Barbecue – Santa Fe, TX
- Tony’s Italian Delicatessen – Montgomery, TX
- Gino’s Deli Stop N Buy – San Antonio, TX
- Robin’s Snowflake Donuts & Cafe – Spring, TX
- Jewboy Burgers – Austin, TX
- Tommy Tamale Market & Cafe – Grapevine, TX
- SP Brazilian Steakhouse – Lakeway, TX
- Sushi Spot – Plano, TX